Finance Minister Ishaq Dar sends legal notice to ‘BOL News'
Anchor Dr Shahid Masood hosted a programme titled “Live with Dr Shahid Masood” on 24th January 2017 at 08.05 pm on BOL News Channel and passed conjecture, libellous and defamatory statements to damage the Finance Minister’s personality and character. He made a completely false statement hinting to an alleged meeting between Finance Minister and Rawalpindi (“GHQ”), whereas, no such meeting had taken place at all. The story was utterly false and absolutely fictitious. The anchor’s fabrication had the malicious intent to defame and disgrace Finance Minister.
In response to this slanderous and defamatory programme, Finance Minister has decided to take a legal action against the anchor who is known for fabrication and foul mouthing as well as the TV channel for airing and repeat airing of the said broadcast.
The Legal Notice sent to the channel and anchor under Section 8 of the Defamation Ordinance, 2002 demands to publish a comprehensive and proper apology and retraction as well as payment of a sum of Rupees one billion as damages to Finance Minister on account of the defamatory broadcast, otherwise, civil and criminal proceeding will be initiated against the BOL News Channel and Dr Shahid Masood.
The Finance Minister has also made a complaint to the PEMRA council of complaints requesting the Authority to take appropriate legal and necessary action against M/s Labbaik Private (Ltd) and BoL News channel for broadcasting defamatory, false and fictitious account of facts against the complainant.-Online
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021