PM Imran steps up to woo angry allies
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday formed three committees of Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) under the chairmanship of Defence Minister Pervaiz Khattak, to keep liaison with the allied parties.
The decision to this effect was taken during a meeting at the PM Office with Prime Minister Imran Khan in the chair to discuss the issues raised by the parties allied to the government.
The meeting in particular discussed in detail the process of PTI’s engagement with its allies.
The prime minister felt that the process needed to be strengthened and formalized so that there were no gaps in communication between all the allies forming the government, and for the purpose he ordered the formation of PTI committees under the chairmanship of Pervaiz Khattak.
The committee formed under the convenership of Minister for Planning Asad Umar, will keep liaison with the Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) and the Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA). Other members of the committee include Sindh Governor Imran Ismail, and members of Sindh Assembly Firdous Shamim Naqvi and Haleem Adil Sheikh.
The committee formed under the convenership of Punjab Governor Chaudhary Mohammad Sarwar, will keep liaison with the Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q). Other members of the committee include Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar and Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood.
The committee formed under the convenership of Pervaiz Khattak will keep liaison with the Balochistan Awami Party (BAP), Balochistan National Party (BNP) and Jamhoori Wattan Party (JWP). Other members of the committee include National Assembly Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri and Member of the National Assembly Mir Khan Muhammad Jamali.
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Huawei Nova 7i – The hottest selling secret weapon of mobile gamers06:05 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sri Lanka to reopen for tourism in August, with strict coronavirus ...05:27 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020