DG Rescue 1122 Dr Rizwan's reappointment challenged in LHC
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court on Thursday issued notices to Punjab government and also summoned Director General Emergency Service (Rescue 1122) Dr Rizwan Naseer on a petition challenging his reappointment.
District Emergency Officer, Lahore Dr Ahmad Raza assailed the new contract awarded to Dr Naseer 80 days after expiry of his previous contract for being illegal.
During the hearing, petitioner’s counsel Ch Shoaib Saleem argued that the post of DG was to be notified by the government for the period of three years and after every three years the government had to fill the vacancy afresh through proper procedure.
Interestingly, he said, only the respondent had been appointed for more than five times as DG of Rescue 1122 which showed that only he could be found eligible for the post from across the province and there was no other person capable enough to run the affairs of body.
The counsel stated that last contract of the respondent expired on Oct 16, 2019 after which he remained no more official and had nothing to do with the organization.
However, he said, after almost 80 days of expiry of the contract, the chief secretary illegally and unlawfully extended the contract of the respondent, Dr Naseer, on Jan 6, 2020. He contended that as per the law the efficiency of an official shall be ensured through regular performance evaluation and the extension in contract appointment or right to apply for a higher post shall depend on performance evaluation reports of the official.
However, he pointed out that in case of the respondent the law had been completely ignored as no performance evaluation was ever made rather home secretary, the parent department, wrote a number of times to him to provide his ACRs.
The respondent officer never bothered to provide the same, he added. The counsel asked the court to declare the re-appointment of the respondent as illegal and null and void.
Justice Syed Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi sought replies from the respondents by Feb 18 and sought personal appearance of the respondent DG. The judge also directed the petitioner’s counsel to come up with arguments to establish locus standi of the petitioner o agitate the matter.
- Conflict between PPP and Cynthia Ritchie intensifies after denial of ...08:12 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PML-N’s Khawaja Salman Rafique contracts coronavirus08:11 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020