Pakistan to carry forward gains of war on terror for enduring peace: COAS Bajwa
QUETTA - The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa said the nation must carry forward gains [of the war on terror] toward enduring peace and stability, said the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
According to the ISPR, Gen Qamar visited Quetta on Wednesday wherein he addressed officers and faculty of Command and Staff College.
General Bajwa said the country, through great sacrifices of security forces and the nation, is on a positive trajectory of peace and stability.
“The job is not completed yet and we have to carry forward the gains [of war against terrorism] towards enduring peace,” the military’s media wing quoted COAS as saying.
Acknowledging and hailing contributions and performance of young officers in the operations, Gen Bajwa advised them to continue excelling in the profession.
Later, ISPR added, COAS visited Headquarters Southern Command where he was briefed about the progress of border fencing along the Balochistan portion of Pak-Afghan border, Quetta Safe City Project and ‘Khushal Balochistan’ initiative.
General Bajwa expressed his satisfaction on the socio-economic progress and security initiatives.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020