Five Tableeghi Jamaat members killed after buried by avalanche on Babusar top
The group had gone from Chillas to Babusar on a recreational trip to the northern side of Pakistan . Their vehicle was hit by an avalanche while they were returning from the 13,600-foot-high Babusar Top.
Locals as well as Rescue 1122 started rescue operations immediately and were able to pull out one person alive after digging through the debris.
The operation was suspended after the nightfall and the five devotees were declared dead. The names of the victims couldn’t be ascertained but Police said most of the victims were outsiders.
Officials say the efforts are underway to clear the road by removing snow from the road.
The Babusar Pass connects Gilgit-Baltistan with Naran and Kaghan valleys, and is blanketed by snow at this time of the year. It is a scenic place, visited by thousands of tourists every year.
- Man attempts to throw eggs at Sheikh Rasheed in Sargodha01:27 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- US peace envoy Khalilzad updates Pakistan's FM Qureshi about talks ...08:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Lawyers' vandalism causes damage of Rs70 million to cardiology ...07:22 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran felicitates UK's Boris Johnson over resounding election ...06:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019