Twitter lavishes praise on Sarfaraz Ahmed for donning traditional Shalwar Kameez while meeting Queen Elizabeth
Although the meeting was not a surprise but the Pakistani captain, Sarfaraz Ahmed did take the attendees by a pleasant surprise and won hearts back in Pakistan.
Instead of donning an English dress code, the Pakistani captain went ahead and challenged norms wearing a shalwar suit with the official blazer of the Pakistani cricket team. Moreover, Ahmed represented the team and the nation with confidence, smiling his usual reassuring smile.
Pakistani social media users have been praising the skipper for not bowing down to pressure and walking in to meet the Queen in traditional Pakistani attire.
Let's have a look at some of the reactions by Twitterati on Sarfaraz Ahmed's attire choice:
Putting above your culture & recognition is above everything. @SarfarazA_54 makes us all proud as he wore shalwar Kameez before meeting with Queen Elizabeth II ahead of #CWC19 Opening ceremony.— Abdul Waheed 🇵🇰🇵🇸 فی قلوبنا (@AbWaheedJI) May 29, 2019
Lets bring trophy home! #SarfarazAhmed pic.twitter.com/TdjjHAMGpH
- Pakistan to send aid to Palestine facing medical emergency amid ...07:07 PM | 18 May, 2021
- UAE ready to host remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu Dhabi06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes first Pakistani woman Google Developers Expert ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021