Twitter lavishes praise on Sarfaraz Ahmed for donning traditional Shalwar Kameez while meeting Queen Elizabeth
Although the meeting was not a surprise but the Pakistani captain, Sarfaraz Ahmed did take the attendees by a pleasant surprise and won hearts back in Pakistan.
Instead of donning an English dress code, the Pakistani captain went ahead and challenged norms wearing a shalwar suit with the official blazer of the Pakistani cricket team. Moreover, Ahmed represented the team and the nation with confidence, smiling his usual reassuring smile.
Pakistani social media users have been praising the skipper for not bowing down to pressure and walking in to meet the Queen in traditional Pakistani attire.
Let's have a look at some of the reactions by Twitterati on Sarfaraz Ahmed's attire choice:
Putting above your culture & recognition is above everything. @SarfarazA_54 makes us all proud as he wore shalwar Kameez before meeting with Queen Elizabeth II ahead of #CWC19 Opening ceremony.— Abdul Waheed Afridi 🇵🇰🇵🇸 (@AbWaheedJI) May 29, 2019
Lets bring trophy home! #SarfarazAhmed pic.twitter.com/TdjjHAMGpH
- Pakistan’s naval, air chiefs condole death of India’s top general ...09:27 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Rohit Sharma repalces Virat Kohli as India’s ODI captain09:07 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan snubs US invite to democracy summit08:22 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- PAKvBAN: Babar Azam picks maiden international wicket in second Test ...08:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021