Twitter lavishes praise on Sarfaraz Ahmed for donning traditional Shalwar Kameez while meeting Queen Elizabeth
Although the meeting was not a surprise but the Pakistani captain, Sarfaraz Ahmed did take the attendees by a pleasant surprise and won hearts back in Pakistan.
Instead of donning an English dress code, the Pakistani captain went ahead and challenged norms wearing a shalwar suit with the official blazer of the Pakistani cricket team. Moreover, Ahmed represented the team and the nation with confidence, smiling his usual reassuring smile.
Pakistani social media users have been praising the skipper for not bowing down to pressure and walking in to meet the Queen in traditional Pakistani attire.
Let's have a look at some of the reactions by Twitterati on Sarfaraz Ahmed's attire choice:
Putting above your culture & recognition is above everything. @SarfarazA_54 makes us all proud as he wore shalwar Kameez before meeting with Queen Elizabeth II ahead of #CWC19 Opening ceremony.— Abdul Waheed Afridi 🇵🇰🇵🇸 (@AbWaheedJI) May 29, 2019
Lets bring trophy home! #SarfarazAhmed pic.twitter.com/TdjjHAMGpH
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis to tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years12:30 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s resolute support for Kashmiris on ...10:46 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021