First Mphil batch of University of Okara receives degrees
LAHORE - The newly-established University of Okara (UoO) conferred degrees to the very first batch of
MPhil Mathematics after due recognition by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
According to a spokesperson for the UoO, the passing out batch of 15 students received their degrees from Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr Muhammad Zakria Zakar and Head of Department Dr Shoaib Saleem.
Addressing the students, Dr Zakar said that obtaining the university education was not meant for getting degrees merely but it should be directed towards personality grooming instead.
"We are focusing on providing world-class academic facilities to our students besides research labs and purpose-built seminar rooms from the next academic session", added the vice-chancellor.
Dr Zakar also welcomed the feedback of the students and promised to address their due concerns.
Dr Shoaib told the students that the PhD Mathematics programme would also start soon. This was the first time that the varsity granted any degree since its establishment in 2016. The HEC granted No Objection Certificate (NOC) to the UoO in December 2018.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020