NADRA ordered to verify votes in NA-128, PP-160
The tribunal chaired by Kazim Malik ordered the district administration to immediately handover the complete electoral material of the constituencies to NADRA officials.
The initial verification of the votes have confirmed electoral irregularities in these electoral areas, the judge was informed during the hearing.
PML-N's Malik Muhammad Afzal was declared winner in NA-128 whereas Malik Saif-ul-Maluk of the same party was announced as winner in PP-160 in general elections 2013 but their opponents had blamed for rigging and corrupt practices after the polls.
Earlier PML-N, who is currently in power in Pakistan, had signed an accord with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) to establish a judicial commission to thoroughly investigate the rigging allegations.
PTI Chief Imran Khan had alleged the PML-N and caretaker government for rigging the general election immediately after the results were announced and his party staged a months-long sit-in at D-chowk in Islamabad demanding an in-depth investigation.
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021