SIBF announces 1-year free trade licence, office at SPC Free Zone for Emirati, Arab publishers
Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone’s offer is valid for first 38 publishing businesses who approach them at Sharjah International Book Fair
SHARJAH - In keeping with its commitment to nurturing national and pan-Arab publishers, the Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone (SPC Free Zone), a subsidiary of the Sharjah Book Authority (SBA) and the world’s first publishing and printing free zone, has announced an offer of free year-long trade licenses and offices to Emirati and Arab publishing businesses.
The offer is valid only during the 38th edition of the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF), which runs from October 30 to November 9, 2019 at Sharjah Expo Centre.
In honour of the Sharjah World Book Capital 2019 celebrations and to commemorate the latest edition of SIBF , trade licenses and office spaces will be offered to the first 38 publishing businesses who approach SPC Free Zone at the book fair.
To take advantage of the free year-long trade licenses and offices, Emirati and Arab publishing businesses need to visit SPC Free Zone stand at SIBF and fill out an application form. SPC Free Zone has announced that publishers in any field can apply to capitalise on this unique offer.
Salim Omar Salim, Director of SPC Free Zone, said: “This exclusive offer aligns with SPC Free Zone’s efforts in advancing the publishing industry to enable national and Arab publishing businesses to improve their businesses and bolster the book industry. Sharjah is the World Book Capital 2019 and at SPC Free Zone, informed by the forward-looking vision of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, we believe that books serve as a bridge that connects peoples and civilisations, enabling them to meet, exchange expertise and share achievements.”
“SPC Free Zone is a leading publishing hub that welcomes publishers, writers, knowledge makers and creative people from around the world. They can establish their start-ups at the free zone pursue regional expansion of their businesses through it, giving readers access to their creative products through UAE’s and Asia markets. By bringing special incentives like this to SIBF , we aim to motivate and support local and Arab publishing industry to establish their businesses and grow in SPC Free Zone’s and Sharjah’s business friendly environment and infrastructurally robust environment. We hope that our initiatives and services meet the aspiration of publishers, help them develop their businesses and further the book industry,” he added.
- A Smartphone that Brings Affordability & Reliability for Everyone – ...10:55 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019