Mustafa Zahid urges fans to quit smoking that killed his father
LAHORE - Acclaimed singer Mustafa Zahid has urged fans to quit smoking and never let their parents smoke following the death of his father . Taking to Twitter, the 34-year-old vocalist shared that his father passed away a month ago due to excessive smoking .
Roxen band's revival in the offing with wonderful ... 01:35 PM | 10 Nov, 2018
LAHORE - Pakistani popular band Roxen is coming back with something exciting and cheerful. They have released a new ...
“It’s been a month I’ve lost my father . The doctor’s voice still echos in my ears, “His lungs have been compromised because of excessive smoking” If you have a smoking parent go to them right now, fight with them, argue with them, do whatever it takes but never ever let them smoke,” he tweeted.
It’s been a month I’ve lost my father. The doctors voice still echos in my ears,“His lungs have been compromised because of excessive smoking” If you have a smoking parent go to them right now, fight with them, argue with them,do whatever it takes but never ever let them smoke.— Mustafa Zahid (@Mustafology) October 29, 2019
Earlier in September 2019, Pakistani TV star Sheheryar Munawar shared a picture from one of his recent photoshoots this week in which he held a cigarette in his hands. The actor posted a disclaimer with the picture, calling smoking a “disgusting” habit and urging people not to take it up. “It’s not cool,” he wrote, telling kids who were reading this not to start smoking .
View this post on Instagram
disclaimer: smoking is a disgusting habit which I’ve struggled with and hopefully can kick it soon. To all the kids reading this, don’t take it up ! It’s not cool. However for some reason all my photographer friends feel it has a cinematic appeal to it when taking pictures.. So what I’ve decided is that If I do put up such pictures I’ll always put a disclaimer with the caption : smoking kills.
Munawar had said that his photographer friends all seem to think holding a cigarette will give photos “cinematic appeal”. So, Munawar has decided that whenever he puts up such pictures he’ll always put a disclaimer with the caption ‘smoking kills’.
According to the World Health Organization, Tobacco kills more than 8 million people each year. More than 7 million of those deaths are the result of direct tobacco use while around 1.2 million are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke.
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019