Indian troops kill another Kashmiri as military siege enters 58th consecutive day
SRINAGAR – Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism have martyred one more Kashmiri youth in the Occupied Jammu and Kashmir region.
The occupational troops martyred the youth during a cordon and search operation in Ganderbal town, according to Kashmir Media Service. The operation which was jointly launched by the Indian Army and paramilitary forces on Friday continued till last reports came in.
Seven youth including three in Naranag area of Ganderbal district were killed by the troops on Saturday.
Meanwhile, according to the data compiled by the Research Section of Kashmir Media Service, the troops martyred 16 Kashmiris including a woman and two young boys during the last month of September. Of those martyred six youth were killed in fake encounters. The killings rendered one woman widowed and two children orphaned.
During the period, 281 people were injured due to the firing of bullets, pellets and teargas shells on peaceful protesters by Indian troops and police personnel. As many as 157 people including Hurriyat activists and youth were arrested. Twenty-five residential houses were destroyed during the siege and search operations during the month.
The Chairman of All Parties Hurriyat Conference, Syed Ali Gilani while appealing to the people of the Kashmir valley, Jammu region and Laddakh to remain united like a rock reiterated that they would never compromise their identity, religion and honour. In his message received by the Kashmir Media Service from Srinagar, the APHC Chairman expressed the confidence that the unparalleled sacrifices of the people of Kashmir will not go waste and the freedom of Kashmir is destined to dawn soon. He urged all Kashmiri politicians to desist from becoming collaborators of India in its nefarious designs against the Kashmiri people.
In order to put more pressure on resistance leaders, India’s National Investigation Agency is all set to file a supplementary charge sheet in fake cases involving Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Chairman Muhammad Yasin Malik, Dukhtaran-e-Millat chief Aasiya Andrabi and senior APHC leader, Masarrat Aalam Butt. The Tihar Jail authorities refused to present illegally detained Muhammad Yasin Malik before a Jammu court in a fake case registered against him by the Indian authorities about three decades ago.
On the other hand, as Indian military’s inhuman siege entered 58th day today, internet and mobile phone connectivity continue to remain snapped, shops, schools and offices closed and public transport off the roads. Indian forces’ presence in every nook and corner of the occupied territory has created an atmosphere of fear and terror. All sections of society have been affected by the lockdown as business has come down to zero.
On the other hand, giving more time to the ruling hardline BJP, the top Indian court has fixed November 14 for hearing on the constitutional validity of Modi government's decision to aborogate Article 370 that gives special status to occupied Kashmir .
A five-judge bench headed by Justice N.V. Ramana allowed the Centre and the Jammu and Kashmir administration to file counter-affidavits on petitions challenging scrapping of Article 370.
The supreme court bench said one-week time would be for the petitioners to file their replies to the counter-affidavit that would be filed by the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir administration within four weeks.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019