Pemra bans PM Imran's brother-in-law Hafeezullah Niazi for 30 days
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) on the recommendations of Council of Complaints (CoC), Islamabad has banned appearance of an analyst Hafeezullah Niazi on any channel for 30 days.
Hafeezullah Niazi - brother-in-law of Premier Imran Khan - in a programme on Geo News on July 6 had levelled allegations against Senator Azam Swati, which the channel could not substantiate before the CoC.
PEMRA CoC extended sufficient time to Geo News to prove veracity of its comments uttered by the said analyst during the programme, however, the channel could not come up with a satisfactory reply.
Notwithstanding, Geo News has also been ordered to tender apology within seven days for airing baseless and defamatory comments violating PEMRA , Electronic Media code of conduct-2015. In case of non-compliance, Geo News will be liable to pay amounting to Rs 1 million.
- Infinix grand reward for its customers to celebrate Blessed Week10:26 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Stern action to be taken against violent lawyers, says Punjab Health ...09:30 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019