Pemra bans PM Imran's brother-in-law Hafeezullah Niazi for 30 days
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) on the recommendations of Council of Complaints (CoC), Islamabad has banned appearance of an analyst Hafeezullah Niazi on any channel for 30 days.
Hafeezullah Niazi - brother-in-law of Premier Imran Khan - in a programme on Geo News on July 6 had levelled allegations against Senator Azam Swati, which the channel could not substantiate before the CoC.
PEMRA CoC extended sufficient time to Geo News to prove veracity of its comments uttered by the said analyst during the programme, however, the channel could not come up with a satisfactory reply.
Notwithstanding, Geo News has also been ordered to tender apology within seven days for airing baseless and defamatory comments violating PEMRA, Electronic Media code of conduct-2015. In case of non-compliance, Geo News will be liable to pay amounting to Rs 1 million.
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways changes routes of some Karachi-bound trains07:37 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020