Musharraf plans revival of party to re-enter political arena
DUBAI - With an improvement in health condition, former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf plans to take part in Pakistan's politics again and is mulling over the revival of his political party.
The former president had been recovering in Dubai after suffering from what was termed a rare disease by a section of the media, however, he is considering to flex his muscles in politics for one more time.
The All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) chief will also address his supporters in Islamabad on Sunday via a video link on the occasion of the party's foundation day.
He is believed to have visited the United States last week for medical examination though the party official clarify that the former military chief is unlikely to return to Pakistan anytime soon.
The 76-year-old president-turned-politician is facing a treason case back home and has not made appearance before the court despite repeated summons.
In June this year, a special court in Islamabad revokedMusharraf’s right of defence due to his continued absence before the court in the high treason case.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019