Musharraf plans revival of party to re-enter political arena
DUBAI - With an improvement in health condition, former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf plans to take part in Pakistan's politics again and is mulling over the revival of his political party.
The former president had been recovering in Dubai after suffering from what was termed a rare disease by a section of the media, however, he is considering to flex his muscles in politics for one more time.
The All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) chief will also address his supporters in Islamabad on Sunday via a video link on the occasion of the party's foundation day.
He is believed to have visited the United States last week for medical examination though the party official clarify that the former military chief is unlikely to return to Pakistan anytime soon.
The 76-year-old president-turned-politician is facing a treason case back home and has not made appearance before the court despite repeated summons.
In June this year, a special court in Islamabad revokedMusharraf’s right of defence due to his continued absence before the court in the high treason case.
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Newly built hospital to help Pakistan fight against COVID-19 ...04:16 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s earns US $ 1176 mln from IT services’ export04:03 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020