OPPO Celebrates Women’s Day with a powerful message ‘Dare to be the Real You’
This campaign pays homage to women who play pivotal roles in society and contribute towards the progress of communities in a multitude ways. The talented sports analyst and anchor, Zainab Abbas shared a short video clip sharing a powerful message to show redefined the perception of women in the male-dominated arena of sports journalism.
‘Dare to be Real You’ campaign encourages women to break barriers and overcome hurdles that they face along their way to success.
Mr. George Long, CEO of OPPO Pakistan shared a heartfelt message, “OPPO believes that companies, just like countries cannot be successful if they do not deem men and women to be equal and do not cater to both equally.
Uplifting women and ensuring they are given the same opportunities as men are of utmost importance to our company and for that, we’ve initiated a campaign ‘Dare to be the Real You’. A woman is a full circle and has the power to create, nurture and transform the society as well as their workplace.
In her video message, Zainab Abbas shares, “I love cricket. There are no two ways about it. Despite how most people choose to belittle women who aspire to be a professional in the sports industry, I have been stubborn and often fearless about my passion for cricket.
The journey to becoming one of the very few female sports journalists in Pakistan has been the best experience of my life. Never have I let the ‘Log kya kahein gey’ mind-set stop me from achieving that I set my mind on. And do you know the reward for my relentless dedication to my dreams? I love who I am and what I do. So this Women’s Day I just want to send out a heartfelt reminder to all the women to do one thing: Dare to be yourself. Just be you, girls! Because that’s the best, most beautiful version of yourself! I dared to be the real me! Will you?”
OPPO is a strong advocate of gender equality and promotes talent regardless of gender bias. The idea is not to treat women in a special way but to treat them as equals and without any stereotyping. OPPO takes pride in encouraging gender diversity in the workplace and firmly believes that women have the ability to perform with equal skill and success in virtually all spheres of life.
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Punjab’s Auqaf dept loses Badshahi Mosque’s administration08:10 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021