Nepal truck crash kills 20 mourners
Fourteen others were injured as the vehicle veered off an unpaved narrow road in a hilly area around 70 kilometres (45 miles) north of the capital Kathmandu on Friday.
Police retrieved 18 bodies at the site. One person died while being taken to hospital and another during treatment, police official Bhimlal Bhattarai said.
"Bodies were found scattered on the river bank and slope and we are still searching the incident site because the total number of people on board is still not known," said Bhattarai.
Authorities were yet to confirm the cause of the crash, but the police said excessive speed on the narrow road could be one of the reasons.
Deadly crashes are relatively common in the impoverished Himalayan nation because of poor roads, badly maintained vehicles and reckless driving.
- Samba Bank, Techlogix join hands to introduce Digital Lending03:13 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Arzoo Raja Case, 44-year old husband charged for rape of minor03:00 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- HEC ends two-year BA/BSc degree programmes02:24 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- PAF first female fighter pilot Marium Mukhtiar being remembered on ...01:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- VIDEO – Driver crashes his brand new car into showroom wall12:53 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020