Umar Akmal to face PCB action for allegations on Mickey Arthur
The PCB's response came minutes after the controversial middle-order batsman accused coach Mickey Arthur of verbally abusing him in front of Chief Selector Inzamam-ul-Haq and senior players. The 27-year-old cricketer lamented that senior players did not stop the coach from uttering bad language against him.
Update: PCB to issue showcause notice to Umar Akmal.
The South African coach, however, refuted Akmal's allegations. "I have asked Umar Akmal to improve his skills and attitude," he said.
In May this year, Akmal was dropped from the Champions Trophy squad after failing two consecutive fitness tests.
Mickey Arthur abused me in front of ... 06:58 PM | 16 Aug, 2017
LAHORE - Pakistan’s embattled cricketer Umar Akmal has alleged that head coach Mickey Arthur verbally abused him in ...
After being released from Pakistan's squad for the ICC Champions Trophy 2017, Akmal had apologised to his fans, saying he was determined to come back stronger than ever and promised to remain committed to cricket.
- Virus-positive lawyer in Supreme Court to 'set precedent'06:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Covid-19 second wave — University of Health Sciences Lahore ...05:50 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Now Pakistani students demand delay in MDCAT 202005:24 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Here's all about Grammys Award 2021 Nominations - Watch live stream12:00 AM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Urwa-Farhan 'separation' shocks social media09:57 PM | 24 Nov, 2020