PCB to continue clampdown on illegal actions
Reacting to media reports that Mohammad Hafeez in which it was stated that the Pakistan all-rounder was allowed to bowl during the just-ended National T20 Cup without necessary remedial work on his action, the board expressed it annoyance.
“Hafeez has been going through remedial work since nine months in total and this process has not stopped after the ICC banned him from bowling for a year. He has continued remedial work on his action along with coaches at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore,” PCB said in rejoinder issued on Wednesday.
Intikhab Alam, PCB’s Director Domestic Cricket Operations, was quoted out of context to suggest that Hafeez had been allowed to bowl without necessary remedial work.
“PCB’s decision to allow Hafeez to bowl was taken as per ICC guidelines. After ascertaining his readiness to bowl in domestic cricket, Hafeez was given permission to bowl in the T20 Cup. Hafeez was banned by the ICC for 12 months in June 2015 and his action will only be tested by the ICC after this 12-month period ends,” the statement said.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022