Nisar says he will look into leak of Dr. Asim video, others
Speaking on the floor of the National Assembly on Monday, he said that the issue influenced judicial proceedings and gave impetus to an undue media trial of the persons in the video.
Nisar said that his ministry was already investigating the video leak of Khalid Shamim and an inquiry report regarding the case would be made public soon. He went on to say that the onus of video leaks partially lies on provincial governments as well.
“We must come together and devise a way forward to curb such incidents,” said Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan.
The minister also asked Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) to bar media outlets from airing video leaks of inmates.
The Sindh government felt uncomfortable after a recent video leak of Dr. Asim Hussain in which he hurled allegations of corruption on Owais Muzaffar alias Tappi, who is said to be PPP co-chairman Asif Zardari's foster brother and frontman.
- BANvPAK: Rain frustrates Shaheens and Tigers as Day 2 of second Test ...03:28 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Jhang Assistant Commissioner gunned down over enmity in Chiniot02:29 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan dispatches free medicines worth Rs25mn to Afghanistan12:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021