Are students exempted from fasting during Ramazan? Dr Zakir Naik has the answer
LAHORE – Students who are having their exams during Ramazan are not exempted from observing fast as Islam does not provide such liberty, says renowned religious scholar.
According to Dr Zakir Naik, if your parents ask you not to fast during your exams, do not obey them because when Islamic injunctions are under consideration, the instructions of the parents can be flouted.
“That is not a legitimate reason because the examination is there, they do not want to fast so that they would get good marks. Getting marks in the Aakhira are more important,” said Zakir.
Allah says in the Quran in Surah Al-Imran Chapter: 3 Verse: 160, “If Allah helps you none can overcome you, if Allah forsakes you then who is there then who can help you. So let the believers put their trust in Allah”.
So Zakir advises that even if there is an examination let them [Children] fast, insha'Allah the concentration will be better and they will get better marks.
Although the educational institutes avoid conducting exams during the sacred month of fasting, even then the exams of Intermediate Part I are being conducted from tomorrow, and as per Zakir's understanding, students should not miss fast, due to the examinations
- Three Pakistani soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020