Pakistan and India constitute 90% of 1 billion cricket fans: ICC research
As per the results of the research, the average age of fans (in the surveyed age category of 16-69) is 34 with a demographic breakdown of 61 percent male and 39 percent female.
Close to 70 percent fans are interested in Test cricket with fans in England & Wales showing the strongest interest in this format (86 percent), South Africa lead the interest in ODI cricket (91 percent) and Pakistan in T20I cricket (98 percent). Globally, T20I is the most popular format with 92 percent interest while ODIs are close with 88 percent interest.
"It is the first global market research project ever undertaken in the sport and having more than one billion fans in the surveyed age category of 16-69 alone, with an average age of 34, is undoubtedly an exciting and strong position from which we can drive the sport forward," ICC Chief Executive David Richardson said, adding "90 percent fans" comes come from the Indian sub-continent alone.
The research was undertaken to enable the ICC and its members to understand the growth potential of cricket, help shape the development of the growth focused global strategy for the game, drive decision making and to provide a benchmark upon which to measure the outcomes of the strategy.
Pakistan celebrates first Champions Trophy 2017 ... 09:38 PM | 18 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - On June 18, 2017, Pakistan made history when it clinched the Champions Trophy title for the first time ...
- Saudi FM denies Crown Prince MBS meeting with Israelis06:33 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- PML-N requests for Shehbaz, Hamza Sharif’s release on parole05:34 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Daraz ranks as the Number 1 App on Google Play Store during 11.11 Sale05:06 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Israeli PM 'secretly flew to Saudi Arabia, met MBS, Pompeo'04:40 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi pens heartfelt birthday note for Naimal Khawar02:26 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Shamoon Ismail’s concert brought to a sudden end after violation of ...01:06 PM | 23 Nov, 2020