India rejects Pakistan’s offer to reopen Kartarpur corridor for Sikh pilgrims
NEW DELHI – India on Saturday turned down an offer made by Pakistan for the reopening of the Kartarpur Corridor on June 29 to facilitate Sikh pilgrims.
New Delhi, according to Indian media, said that cross border travel has been temporarily suspended due to coronavirus.
Earlier today, the Ministry of Affairs, Pakistan said in a statement that Pakistan has conveyed its readiness to the Indian side to reopen Kartarpur Corridor on 29 June 2020 on the occasion of the death anniversary of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh.
Pakistan decides to reopen Kartarpur Corridor for ... 11:41 AM | 27 Jun, 2020
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has conveyed its readiness to the Indian side to reopen Kartarpur corridor on Monday for all the ...
The Kartarpur Corridor was inaugurated on 09 November 2019 by Prime Minister Imran Khan. The opening of the Corridor on the eve of the 550th Birth Anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak fulfilled the long awaited desire of Sikh devotees of the international community.
The Kartarpur Corridor is a true symbol of peace and religious harmony. This landmark initiative by the Government of Pakistan has been immensely appreciated by the Sikh community all over the world including India. The first Guru of Sikhism, Baba Guru Nanak Saheb, had spent the last 18 years of his life in Kartarpur.
The Corridor was temporarily closed on 16 March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As the religious places are gradually opening up around the world, Pakistan has also made necessary arrangements to reopen Kartarpur Sahib Corridor for Sikh pilgrims.
- Smart lockdown lifted in seven localities of Lahore as coronavirus ...12:57 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Met forecasts very hot, humid weather in most parts of country11:42 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Smart lockdown imposed in seven UCs in Karachi till July 1811:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus affecting worldwide peace and security: UN10:01 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 225,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,619 confirmed ...09:47 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020