Pakistan decides to reopen Kartarpur Corridor for all Sikh pilgrims
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has conveyed its readiness to the Indian side to reopen Kartarpur corridor on Monday for all the Sikh pilgrims.
In a tweet today (Saturday), Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Pakistan has conveyed its readiness to the Indian side to reopen Kartarpur corridor on Monday on the occasion of the death anniversary of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh.
As places of worship open up across the world, Pakistan prepares to reopen the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor for all Sikh pilgrims, conveying to the Indian side our readiness to reopen the corridor on 29 June 2020, the occasion of the death anniversary of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh.— Shah Mahmood Qureshi (@SMQureshiPTI) June 27, 2020
The Kartarpur Corridor was inaugurated on 09 November 2019 by Prime Minister Imran Khan. The opening of the Corridor on the eve of the 550th Birth Anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak fulfilled the long awaited desire of Sikh devotees of the international community.
The Kartarpur Corridor is a true symbol of peace and religious harmony. This landmark initiative by the Government of Pakistan has been immensely appreciated by the Sikh community all over the world including India. The first Guru of Sikhism, Baba Guru Nanak Saheb, had spent the last 18 years of his life in Kartarpur.
The Corridor was temporarily closed on 16 March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As the religious places are gradually opening up around the world, Pakistan has also made necessary arrangements to reopen Kartarpur Sahib Corridor for Sikh pilgrims.
- Sri Lanka minister offers ICC evidence 2011 World Cup was fixed08:17 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- $4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-1908:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Over 300 cases of COVID-19 reported in Sindh Police in 2 days07:56 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- PPSC to restart interviewing candidates as lockdown eased07:44 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Two injured after two trains collide near Rahim Yar Khan07:37 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020