CJP takes notice of traffic policeman’s death in Quetta
The Chief Justice has summoned detailed report from Balochistan police. Pashtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party MPA Dr Abdul Majeed Khan Achakzai’s vehicle was speeding along GPO Chowk intersection when it rammed into Traffic Sub-Inspector Haji Ataullah, who was rushed to a hospital, where he died from his wounds.
A video of the incident went viral on social media, following which police took action against the death of their colleague.
The photo obtained by media shows MPA Abdul Majeed Achakzai sitting in the vehicle which he ran over the policeman, proving he is guilty of the killing.
The MPA was elected to the provincial assembly from Killa Abdullah on PB-13 from Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party.
Currently, the MPA is in police custody on the charges of running over and killing a traffic police sergeant, the senior officer at the Civil Lines Police Station confirmed.
- Alia Bhatt drops adorable glimpse of her Italy vacation03:12 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022