Pakistan rejects India’s false comments on AJK elections
Pakistan has categorically rejected the false, untenable and self-serving comments made by the Spokesperson of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs on the recently concluded elections in the Azad State of Jammu and Kashmir.
In a statement issued on Friday, Foreign Office Spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri said the Indian Charge d'Affaires was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to convey Pakistan's complete rejection of India's sham protest and to reiterate Pakistan's clear and consistent position on the Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
The Spokesperson said India cannot hide the fact that it is in illegal occupation of parts of Jammu and Kashmir.
To perpetuate its occupation of the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu & Kashmir, India has committed horrendous human rights violations against innocent Kashmiris over the past seven decades, and particularly since 5 August 2019.
While the people of AJK enjoy the fruits of free and participatory electoral process, IIOJK bleeds under India’s illegal occupation.
The Jammu and Kashmir dispute between Pakistan and India has been on the agenda of the UN Security Council since 1948. It remains an internationally recognized dispute, as affirmed by the relevant Security Council resolutions.
Despite the solemn commitments made by the Government of India in numerous official communications to the Security Council, to Pakistan, to other states, and to the people of Jammu and Kashmir to abide by and implement the UN Security Council’s resolutions on Jammu and Kashmir, India has reneged on these commitments over the years.
India’s illegal actions of 5 August 2019, seeking to unilaterally alter the internationally recognized disputed status of Jammu and Kashmir and India’s illegal steps to change the occupied territory’s demographic structure, contravene several UN Security Council resolutions. The Security Council has clearly delineated the principle that the final disposition of the State of Jammu and Kashmir will be made in accordance with the will of the people expressed through the democratic method of a free and impartial plebiscite conducted under the auspices of the United Nations.
India must immediately end its illegal occupation of parts of Jammu and Kashmir, stop its egregious violations of the human rights in IIOJK, and take steps for immediate and full implementation of the UNSC resolutions on the Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
PML-N, PPP cry foul as PTI wins AJK elections 2021 08:16 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
Major opposition parties have rejected the results of recently held elections for Azad Jammu and Kashmir Legislative ...
- Security forces kill key terrorist in North Waziristan IBO07:10 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Saudi Arabia approves prisoners swap agreement with Pakistan06:38 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Ex-DG NAB Musaddiq Abbasi appointed PM's accountability adviser06:24 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Security plan finalised as PSL 7 set to begin tomorrow05:28 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Army chief, DG ISI call on PM Imran ahead of China visit04:44 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Feroze Khan gears up for his first English rap single03:26 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Model Giti Ara files a lawsuit against ex-husband02:58 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Ahsan Khan slams authorities for delay in justice for Noor Mukadam02:39 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021