Stability in Pakistan and Afghanistan is interlinked: COAS Bajwa
Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa said on Friday that media can act as a bridge to create conducive environment for promoting cultural, social and people to people engagement between Pakistan and Afghanistan.
He was interacting with a 15-member Afghan media delegation that met him in Rawalpindi.
COAS said it is responsibility of the media and the people to identify and defeat the spoilers of peace.
The Army Chief said peace in Afghanistan is Pakistan’s earnest desire because stability of the two countries is interlinked.
General Bajwa said the spoilers will not be allowed to derail peace process.
Referring to Pakistan’s comprehensive border management regime, he said security of borders is in the best interest of the two countries.
Alluding to the benefits of regional connectivity for the two countries, he highlighted the importance of restoration of peace in Afghanistan for sustainable development of the region.
The Afghan journalists thanked the Army Chief for the opportunity for candid interaction and appreciated Pakistan’s sincerity and efforts for Afghan people including hosting of refugees and facilitative role in Afghan Peace Process.
- Pakistan slams India at UNGA, says Kashmir is not ‘internal ...08:13 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- LIVE: Northern bat first against Sindh in 6th national T20 match07:17 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan allows tax-free import of fruits from Afghanistan06:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- First teasers of Yumna Zaidi, Azaan Khan and Sajaly Aly’s ‘Ishq e ...05:59 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Fatima Sohail spotted enjoying vacations in northern areas04:45 PM | 25 Sep, 2021