‘Killer on the ward’: Nurse held for 13 murders
ROME (Web Desk) - A registered nurse has been arrested in Italy on suspicion of murdering 13 patients.
The woman had been working in the anaesthesia and intensive care unit at a hospital in the small coastal town of Piombino in Tuscany, the BBC reported.
According to Italian media, the patients were killed in 2014 and 2015 with a drug administered by drip or injection.
The victims were mainly elderly people with a variety of illnesses.
Police monitored the suspect for several months.
‘Killer on the ward’
The 55-year-old unnamed nurse is now in custody. She was detained late on Wednesday by Italy's NAS police unit, which specialises in health and drugs.
She has lived in Tuscany since the 1980s, according to Ansa news agency.
People in Italy have been shocked by the case described as ‘‘the killer on the ward’.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020