Hockey World Cup 2018: Pakistan, Malaysia contest ends in 1-1 draw
On the eighth day of the contest, four times champion scored first goal in 51st minute through Muhammad Atiq’s field strike.
However, Malaysia struck back four minutes later when Faizal Saari converted a penalty corner to a goal.
Malaysia failed to score a goal in its first two penalty corners as the first attempt was blocked by the Pakistani runner and second one was defused by keeper Imran Butt.
Pakistan’s penalty corner was also defused by by Malaysia goalkeeper Kumar Subramaniam.
The draw meant both Pakistan and Malaysia remained in the contest for the knock-out rounds, having garnered a point each from two outings.
Pakistan will round off their pool engagements against Netherlands on December 9 while Malaysia, with a goal difference of minus 7, have a daunting task against the Germans the same day.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020