FM Qureshi says JUI-F's protest on Oct 27 would hurt Kashmiris
MULTAN - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi expressed on Monday that the upcoming 'Azadi March' of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) on October 27 would hurt Kashmiris as the day is marked as black day every year.
Talking to newsmen in Multan, the minister said although govt is not afraid of 'Azadi March' as its democratic right of JUI-F, but said the timing is inappropriate.
Further talking about the Kashmir issue, he said that as India imposed curfew in IOK and suspended basic rights that’s why it can’t allow anyone to visit the valley.
The foreign minister said US Senator Chris Van Hollen had told him that he wanted to visit Kashmir but was denied permission.
'Azadi March' to end with fall of govt, asserts ... 08:42 PM | 5 Oct, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Fazl (JUI-F) chief Fazlur Rehman announced on Saturday that the anti-govt march, ...
Qureshi inquired if everything was normal in occupied Kashmir , then why the US Senator was denied permission adding that Hollen also expressed his desire to visit Azad Jammu and Kashmir and he was facilitated in this regard.
The minister clarified that if anyone, particularly from the United Kingdom Parliament and the European Union wants to visit the AJK, the incumbent government would facilitate the tour.
The Pakistani lawmaker expressed his disappointment over the conduct of Indian judiciary and the media adding that apparently, both are under extreme pressure of Hindu extremists.
On the issue of blacklisting by FATF, the minister said Pakistan had briefed the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) in Bangkok about its viewpoint and explained the measures taken by Islamabad to the FATF Asia-Pacific Group.
The minister said Pakistan had taken measures to a considerable extent and has satisfied the friends about its seriousness against money laundering.
FM Qureshi urges JUI-F chief to review 'Azadi ... 11:57 PM | 4 Oct, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi Friday asked Jamiat-e-Ulama-e-Islam (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazal ur ...
Qureshi elaborated that Pakistan has taken solid steps to monitor money laundering and the incumbent government has taken more steps in one year to oversee terror financing than all the steps taken during last 10 years.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019