Pakistan to take every step to increase defense capability: Sartaj Aziz
Winding up discussion on an adjournment motion moved by Javed Abbassi in the Senate over the recent Indian test-fire of a supersonic interceptor missile, he said that Pakistan was not oblivious to its defense requirements and was upgrading its capabilities without entering into arms race.
The advisor said Pakistan's efforts for peace and friendship must not be interpreted as weakness, as the country is fully capable of defending its people and territory.
Aziz said that Pakistani scientists and experts constantly monitor and evaluate the strategic threats that the Indian nuclear doctrine poses to Pakistan's security. Despite limited resources, Pakistan has developed a robust nuclear deterrent system whose safety and security is acknowledged worldwide.
On the diplomatic front, the Advisor said that one specific proposal being considered by the government involved moving a resolution in the next session of the UN General Assembly to declare the Indian Ocean a nuclear free zone. We will approach other countries as well to co sponsor this resolution.
About the Nuclear Suppliers Group, the Advisor said Pakistan has undertaken a proactive diplomatic offensive in all the member countries of the group.
He said our lobbying in the United States is quite active and our missions are also very active to protect the country's interests.
- Pakistan PM seeks ‘comprehensive strategy’ to curb violence12:57 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- First time in history, Pakistan presents national security policy to ...12:35 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan Water Week 2021 kicks off to explore sustainable ways in a ...12:19 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan rejects reports of financial difficulties being faced by ...10:50 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat gearing up to host Bigg Boss themed reality show05:05 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Hania Aamir's adorable video while playing with dog goes viral04:48 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- 'Pawri girl' spotted having a fan moment with legendary singer Hadiqa ...03:00 PM | 6 Dec, 2021