China lauds Pakistan for its efforts against terrorism
Addressing a joint press conference with Pakistan's Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif, the official expressed that the relationship between China and Pakistan remained rock firm and unbreakable.
Wang Yi said he discussed the regional situation with his Pakistani counterpart adding Pakistan and China are a steady anchor for regional peace.
"We are determined to further cement Pak-China strategic ties," said Wang Yi and vowed that both the countries would continue safeguarding each other's interests.
The Chinese official maintained that a joint effort was needed to confront terrorism instead of blame game and hoped that Pak-Afghan relations prosper in future.
He also said that China would continue to play its part in minimising differences between Pakistan and its neighbour Afghanistan.
"Pakistan has been severely affected by terrorism and it has sacrificed a lot over a span of several years," said Wang Yi and added China will continue to play its role for Pakistan's progress and development.
The Chinese diplomat further stated that no other country could understand Pakistan as much as China does.
On the other hand, Asif who arrived in Beijing on a one-day tour said that his meeting with Wang Yi remained fruitful as both the countries exchanged views over regional and strategic issues.
He also confirmed his telephonic conversation with Foreign Minister of Afghanistan and observed that only a political solution was needed in the country.
"I would meet Afghan Foreign Minister before the session of UN General Assembly," described Asif.
The Foreign Minister expressed that China was playing a crucial role for peace in Afghanistan.
'Pak-China relations are based on mutual trust' noted Khawaja Asif.
He continued that China-Pakistan Economic Corridor Project was the flagship project envisioned by Chinese president for the prosperity of region which would provide opportunities for regional and international trade.
'Peace in Afghanistan was in Pakistan's interest' clarified Asif.
Khawaja Asif who was recently appointed as Foreign Minister under Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi decided to muster support of regional allies after the announcement of new Afghan policy by US President Donald Trump.
The minister who arrived in Beijing a few hours ago will also head to Turkey and Iran as well.
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh and Oman lock horns in must-win game today12:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran, President Alvi extend felicitations to Muslims on Eid ...11:57 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: Mobile phone services partially suspended in parts ...11:33 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Defamation suit: ARY UK apologises to Ishaq Dar over ‘fabricated’ ...11:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Iran invites Pakistan to multilateral conference on Afghanistan10:36 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021