Najam Sethi elected as PCB chairman
Special meeting of PCB Board of Governors at NCA Lahore. The one point agenda of the meeting is the Election of Chairman PCB. pic.twitter.com/UG20oMHNqx— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) August 9, 2017
Najam Sethi, who had served as the chairman of the cricketing board and is credited for the successful show of PSL final in Lahore, had emerged as a clear favourite for the post once again after the tenure of 83-year-old chairman Shahryar Khan ended.
Describing the election rules on Tuesday, a PCB official expressed that members of BoG were to file nomination papers at the start of the meeting, and any member could file the nomination.
“I support him all the way and the main reason is PSL,” said Wasim Akram while throwing his weight behind the television personality.
The three had praised Sethi for his efforts to organise the PSL, saying that Pakistan cricket has already started enjoying fruits of the country's T20 competition.
Sethi whose name name was nominated by ex-prime minister Nawaz Sharif would assume charge soon and his tenure would expire in 2020.
- Dr Shahid Masood strikes again – this time about ‘Pakistani ...12:17 AM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan's Hassan Mairaj declared overall best foreign national ...11:48 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- PIA cuts fares for domestic flights09:44 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Netflix to create Korean version of Money Heist09:19 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Behroze Sabzwari tests positive for COVID-1907:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi tweets about writing a book on God07:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020