Shehbaz Sharif advises fellows against confrontational politics
LAHORE - Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz President, Shehbaz Sharif advised his party members to avoid confrontational politics, quoting historical events in this regard.
Charing a meeting of the party on Thursday, the younger Sharif apparently expressed his intent to avoid participation in the anti-govt march set to begin on October 31st.
According to well-placed sources, the younger Sharif apprised his fellows of the consequences of confrontational politics and expressed that if the JUI-F's 'Azadi March' fails, it would result in fresh vigor for the incumbent government.
'Shehbaz Sharif also cited the example of recently held Senate elections,' sources said while revealing what happened in the high-profile meeting.
The PML-N chief told his fellows that he was offered the post of Prime Minister four times but added that he declined the offers.
'I would part ways with politics but can't withstand the burden of dispute with Nawaz Sharif,' the PML-N chief was quoted as saying by sources.
He categorically rejected the perception of him toeing a different line than Nawaz Sharif adding that he would follow the instructions of the former premier.
'My opinion could be different but the decision rests with Nawaz Sharif,' the younger Sharif reportedly told his party members.
The huddle comes weeks ahead of the planned march by JUI-F against the government. Maulana Fazlur Rehman had earlier announced to kickstart the march on October 27th, however, changed the date to Oct 31st later.
- Coronavirus immunity may disappear in only few months after ...12:00 AM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Sony Invest $250 Million in Epic Games11:25 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pilgrims without Hajj permit to be slapped with heavy ...11:11 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 253,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,304 confirmed dead11:00 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s first underground water reservoir system starts launched ...10:12 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Esra Bilgic trolled for wearing an ‘inappropriate’ outfit06:58 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi wish the Bachchan family a speedy ...02:11 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Malala Yousafzai turns 2301:48 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020