Shehbaz Sharif advises fellows against confrontational politics
LAHORE - Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz President, Shehbaz Sharif advised his party members to avoid confrontational politics, quoting historical events in this regard.
Charing a meeting of the party on Thursday, the younger Sharif apparently expressed his intent to avoid participation in the anti-govt march set to begin on October 31st.
According to well-placed sources, the younger Sharif apprised his fellows of the consequences of confrontational politics and expressed that if the JUI-F's 'Azadi March' fails, it would result in fresh vigor for the incumbent government.
'Shehbaz Sharif also cited the example of recently held Senate elections,' sources said while revealing what happened in the high-profile meeting.
The PML-N chief told his fellows that he was offered the post of Prime Minister four times but added that he declined the offers.
'I would part ways with politics but can't withstand the burden of dispute with Nawaz Sharif,' the PML-N chief was quoted as saying by sources.
He categorically rejected the perception of him toeing a different line than Nawaz Sharif adding that he would follow the instructions of the former premier.
'My opinion could be different but the decision rests with Nawaz Sharif,' the younger Sharif reportedly told his party members.
The huddle comes weeks ahead of the planned march by JUI-F against the government. Maulana Fazlur Rehman had earlier announced to kickstart the march on October 27th, however, changed the date to Oct 31st later.
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi among 86 awarded 55-year jail sentences08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Air Marshal Ahmer Shehzad appointed as Vice Chief of Air Staff07:38 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran wants 'meaningful negotiations' with Shehbaz Sharif over CEC ...07:26 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019