Four injured in Manhattan bus terminal blast
The NYPD is responding to reports of an explosion of unknown origin at 42nd Street and 8th Ave, #Manhattan. The A, C and E line are being evacuated at this time. Info is preliminary, more when available. pic.twitter.com/7vpNT97iLC— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) December 11, 2017
"The A, C and E line are being evacuated at this time. Info is preliminary, more when available."
NYPD says one person has been arrested following the alleged explosion, according to cable networks.
ABC News quotes police sources as saying that a possible pipe bomb was detonated in a passageway below ground at the terminal.
Traffic is being rerouted away from the area, while some subway train lines at the busy station have been evacuated.
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said President Donald Trump has been briefed on the incident.
The Port Authority Bus Terminal is the largest in the US, serving more than 65 million people a year.
The Times Square-42nd Street subway station complex is located underneath the transport hub.
- PM Imran Khan to address nation today03:06 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- FM Qureshi arrives in Abu Dhabi, expected to meet his UAE counterpart02:59 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- AirBlue surprises passengers with huge cut in domestic flight fares02:32 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Marry, divorce, remarry’ – Man weds same woman four times for ...02:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman welcomes baby boy01:46 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari wins hearts by reciting Naat07:23 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021