Telecom sector contributes Rs. 744b in terms of taxes
The sector also contributed around Rs. 105.9 billion during first three quarters of this fiscal year in terms of initial and annual license fees, initial and annual spectrum fees, Universal Service Fund (USF) and Research and Development (R&D) Fund contributions, Access Promotion Contribution (APC) for USF, Numbering Charges, license applications including General Sales Tax (GST)/Federal Excise Duty (FED), SIM Activation Tax, Advance/Withholding Tax (WHT), sales tax on mobile handsets, custom duties and other taxes.
Official sources on Sunday said the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) and telecom industry believe that rationalization of taxes on the telecom sector can result into better sector growth and consequently better collections for government in the long run.
- 700 years old groom market in Bihar – some facts about a dying ...11:40 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- FIA writes to Imran Khan seeking party funding details11:08 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- realme Unveils its Production Process to its Community with a Visit ...10:01 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- U Microfinance Bank planted 5,000 trees09:52 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Late Pakistani pop icon Nazia Hassan to be featured on New York's ...09:47 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir's latest video breaks the internet07:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- 'I don't need a man in my life,' says Urwa Hocane09:49 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Hadiqa Kiani shares sweet moments with mother on birthday11:02 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022