Women's World Cup 2017: Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 15 runs
LAHORE - Sri Lanka defeated Pakistan by 15-run in their last league match on Saturday of Women`s World Cup at Leicester.
A sure-footed inning by Dilani Manodara of 84 runs off 129 provided an opportunity for the Lankan team to achieve a fighting total of 221 runs. Diana Baig in her 10-over bowling spell took three wickets, while, Asmavia Iqbal, Sana Mir, Kainat Imtiaz and Saadia Yousuf bagged one wicket respectively.
Batting second, Pakistan scored 206, courtesy a fine inning by Nain Abidi - who scored 57 off 71 before throwing wicket on a run-out.
Chandima Gunaratne took four wickets in the match, she dismissed the opening order of Pakistani team.
Pakistan: Sana Mir (captain), Asmavia Iqbal, Ayesha Zafar, Bibi Nahida,
Diana Baig, Ghulam Fatima, Iram Javed, Javeria Wadood, Kainat Imtiaz, Marina Iqbal, Nain Abidi, Nashra Sundhu, Sadia Yousaf, Sidra Nawaz and Waheeda Akhter.
Sri Lanka: Inoka Ranaweera (captain), Chamari Athapaththu, Chandima
Gunaratne, Nipuni Hansika, Ama Kanchana, Eshani Lokusooriya, Dilani Manodara, Harshitha Madhavi, Chamari Polgampala, Hasini Perera, Udeshika Prabodani, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Shashikala Siriwardena, Prasadani Weerakkodi and Sripali Weerakkody.
Umpires: Sue Redfern and Kathy Cross, Match referee: Steve Davies.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020