Women's World Cup 2017: Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 15 runs
LAHORE - Sri Lanka defeated Pakistan by 15-run in their last league match on Saturday of Women`s World Cup at Leicester.
A sure-footed inning by Dilani Manodara of 84 runs off 129 provided an opportunity for the Lankan team to achieve a fighting total of 221 runs. Diana Baig in her 10-over bowling spell took three wickets, while, Asmavia Iqbal, Sana Mir, Kainat Imtiaz and Saadia Yousuf bagged one wicket respectively.
Batting second, Pakistan scored 206, courtesy a fine inning by Nain Abidi - who scored 57 off 71 before throwing wicket on a run-out.
Chandima Gunaratne took four wickets in the match, she dismissed the opening order of Pakistani team.
Pakistan: Sana Mir (captain), Asmavia Iqbal, Ayesha Zafar, Bibi Nahida,
Diana Baig, Ghulam Fatima, Iram Javed, Javeria Wadood, Kainat Imtiaz, Marina Iqbal, Nain Abidi, Nashra Sundhu, Sadia Yousaf, Sidra Nawaz and Waheeda Akhter.
Sri Lanka: Inoka Ranaweera (captain), Chamari Athapaththu, Chandima
Gunaratne, Nipuni Hansika, Ama Kanchana, Eshani Lokusooriya, Dilani Manodara, Harshitha Madhavi, Chamari Polgampala, Hasini Perera, Udeshika Prabodani, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Shashikala Siriwardena, Prasadani Weerakkodi and Sripali Weerakkody.
Umpires: Sue Redfern and Kathy Cross, Match referee: Steve Davies.
- Covid-19 second wave — University of Health Sciences Lahore ...05:50 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Now Pakistani students demand delay in MDCAT 202005:24 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari awaits Covid-19 test report04:46 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Realme Watch S – Budget price tag and release date revealed04:14 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Here's all about Grammys Award 2021 Nominations - Watch live stream12:00 AM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Urwa-Farhan 'separation' shocks social media09:57 PM | 24 Nov, 2020