IHC approves Zardari's bail in six NAB cases
The high court granted Zardari interim bail on Wednesday in the money laundering case until May 30 while the bail was approved until June 12 relating to an inquiry into Opal 225 property against surety bonds of Rs500,000.
The co-chairman of PPP also received an interim bail in the Park Lane probe until June 12.
Moreover, the IHC extended Zardari's interim bail in the Tosha Khana vehicles inquiry until June 20 while in an investigation pertaining to suspicious transactions, Zardari's interim bail was extended until May 21.
Meanwhile, the court adjourned the hearing until May 30 in a probe pertaining to M/s Harish and Company.
A division bench comprising Justice Amir Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kiani heard the bail applications filed by the former president.
During the hearing today, attended by Zardari in person, Justice Farooq, remarked that it seems like there is a flood of bail [applications].
The accountability watchdog submitted 11-page report before the IHC on Tuesday according to which Zardari is named in 36 NAB inquiries; the report says NAB has established Zardari's role in at least eight cases so far.
Talking to newsmen, the former president expressed that a protest against the incumbent regime would be lodged on the streets instead of the parliament.
When asked about the difference between the previous amnesty schemes and the one introduced by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government, Zardari replied that there was virtually no difference.
- LoC: Four children among 11 injured after Indian shell hits AJK ...12:01 AM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Will Nawaz Sharif return to Pakistan for mother’s funeral?10:33 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
- Fever rules Fakhar Zaman out of NZ tour09:53 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan announce 35-man squad for New Zealand 2020/2109:20 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
- Not so Pop! What went wrong with VELO Sound Station?11:45 PM | 21 Nov, 2020
- Indian comedian Bharti Singh, husband arrested for possessing drugs08:46 PM | 21 Nov, 2020
- New Pakistani couple start life journey with a puff!06:33 PM | 21 Nov, 2020