IHC approves Zardari's bail in six NAB cases
ISLAMABAD - Former president Asif Ali Zardari was granted bail by the Islamabad High Court (IHC) in six corruption cases under investigation by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
The high court granted Zardari interim bail on Wednesday in the money laundering case until May 30 while the bail was approved until June 12 relating to an inquiry into Opal 225 property against surety bonds of Rs500,000.
The co-chairman of PPP also received an interim bail in the Park Lane probe until June 12.
Moreover, the IHC extended Zardari's interim bail in the Tosha Khana vehicles inquiry until June 20 while in an investigation pertaining to suspicious transactions, Zardari's interim bail was extended until May 21.
Meanwhile, the court adjourned the hearing until May 30 in a probe pertaining to M/s Harish and Company.
A division bench comprising Justice Amir Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kiani heard the bail applications filed by the former president.
During the hearing today, attended by Zardari in person, Justice Farooq, remarked that it seems like there is a flood of bail [applications].
The accountability watchdog submitted 11-page report before the IHC on Tuesday according to which Zardari is named in 36 NAB inquiries; the report says NAB has established Zardari's role in at least eight cases so far.
Talking to newsmen, the former president expressed that a protest against the incumbent regime would be lodged on the streets instead of the parliament.
When asked about the difference between the previous amnesty schemes and the one introduced by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government, Zardari replied that there was virtually no difference.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020