Pakistan will never leave Kashmiris alone, says COAS Bajwa during LOC visit
RAWALPINDI - Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Wednesday visited troops along the Line of Control, said an official statement.
According to Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major General Asif Ghafoor, the army chief was briefed on situation along the LoC and India’s ceasefire violations deliberately targeting civilians and the response given by the Pakistan Army.
COAS visited troops along LOC. Briefed on situation, Indian CFVs deliberately targeting civilians & response.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) October 16, 2019
“Kashmiris in IOJ&K are bravely facing Indian atrocities under continued siege. We shall never leave them alone and play our rightful role at whatever cost”, COAS. pic.twitter.com/wJ2eukA5cc
COAS, during the visit, said Kashmiris in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir are bravely facing atrocities under continued siege.
He further said, "We shall never leave them alone and play our rightful role at whatever cost”.
Life continues to remain paralyzed in the Occupied Jammu and Kashmir region on the 73rd straight day of Indian lockdown.
According to Kashmir Media Service, restrictions continue to remain imposed, shops closed and schools and offices are empty and public transport is off the roads.
Heavy deployment of Indian forces and ban on pre-paid phones and internet services are causing great inconveniences to the people not only throughout the territory but also from the world.
On the other hand, Indian troops arrested several women after subjecting them to brute force during an anti-India demonstration in Lal Chowk area of Srinagar on Tuesday.
They included the daughter and the sister of former puppet Chief Minister of occupied Kashmir, Farooq Abdullah, during the protest against the revocation of Kashmir’s special status. Hawa Bashir, the wife of former Chief Justice of IOK High Court, Bashir Ahmed Khan, was also among the detainees.
The police also tried to stop the protesting women from distributing a statement to the media, which said that they expressed their outrage against the Indian media for its false/misleading coverage of ground realities in the besieged territory.
Meanwhile, a truck driver was shot dead and his vehicle was set ablaze by unidentified gunmen at Sindoo in Shirmal area of Shopian district. Over two dozen youth were arrested by Indian troops in the subsequent cordon and search operation in the area.
In another incident, an Indian soldier was killed and two others were injured when an Improvised Explosive Device went off in Nowgam area of Kupwara district. Indian police arrested two youth in Ganderbal district.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020