Kinnaird college invites Justice (r) Nasira Iqbal, holds session on “Human Rights Violation in Pakistan”
After a recitation of Holy verses from Holy Quran and Holy Bible, the program proceeded towards a documentary by Azka Saqib.
The documentary revolved around the types of human rights violation evidently seen around the globe, after which an interactive question-answer session began between the guest speakers and students.
Mr. Khalil Tahir Sindhu, Punjab Minister of Human Rights and Minority affairs briefed the audience about all the policies formulated during current government’s tenure. Justice Retired Nasira Javed Iqbal answering questions
The policies included bills against child labor, domestic violence against women, protection of minority rights etc. Meanwhile, Justice retired Mrs Nasira Javed Iqbal also joined the session and answered students’ queries regarding transgender rights with reference to law.
As the session ended, Tabita Victor on behalf of political science department delivered a thank you note and presented souvenirs to the guests.
- OPPO ColorOS 12 won four design awards at the Red Dot Award: Brands & ...12:35 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- FIFA suspends India’s football federation on its Independence Day12:27 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- ‘Shahenshah-e-Qawwali’ Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan remembered on 25th ...11:43 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Faysal Quraishi gives major fitness goals with new shirtless picture09:05 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022