LUMS welcomes class of 2021 with Orientation Week!
This year, O-Week included various seminars by faculty and staff to help freshmen understand the life at LUMS. The event also featured a host of exciting activities such as a batch photo, ice-breaking sessions, focus groups, a food street, sports gala, mind-quest and a lot more.
Each year, Orientation Week is designed to give students and their parents a chance to acquaint themselves with the campus and the community by participating in group based activities. These activities not only instil a sense of pride among freshmen but also help them form bonds that last for the rest of their lives.
This year, the week started with a welcome address by Prof. Dr. S. Sohail H. Naqvi, Vice Chancellor. He said, “LUMS is an institution bursting with opportunities for you. At times, these are exciting and at others, these may be daunting and adventurous. We do not believe in providing answers. We believe in enhancing your ability to ask questions and searching for the answers yourself. You are on a journey; a journey within, finding who you are, what you love, where your passions lie and where your talents lie.”
Later on, Dr. Jawad Syed, Dean, Suleman Dawood School of Business, Dr. Kamran Asdar Ali, Dean, Mushtaq Ahmad Gurmani School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Dr. Shahid Masud, Dean, Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering and Dr. Martin Lau, Dean, Shaikh Ahmad Hassan School of Law addressed the students. All of them congratulated the students and encouraged them to make the best of what LUMS has to offer since the four years they are at the University would shape their professional careers. Throughout the week, different seminars and welcome sessions were conducted for the students by LUMS faculty, societies and administrative departments where students were introduced to their departments and programmes.
The week concluded with an Award Night where freshmen gave titles to their peers and enjoyed a scrumptious dinner. The students’ excitement was only exceeded by that of their parents’, whose smiles showed how proud they were of their children. The freshmen left the ceremony with fond memories, bragging rights and a promise for a bright future.
- Saudi Arabia pumps $3 billion into SBP reserves to support Pakistan ...12:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shariat court declares Swara 'un-Islamic'11:45 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Indian Muslim teacher sacked for ‘celebrating’ Pakistan’s ...11:05 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Samsung Electronics kicks off ‘Samsung Week’ with exceptional ...10:42 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Asif, Malik guide Pakistan to seal 5-wicket victory against ...10:15 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021