LUMS welcomes class of 2021 with Orientation Week!
Lahore, 29th August 2017: Lahore University of Management Sciences conducted its Orientation Week for the batch of 2021 last week. This highly anticipated event is annually organised to welcome freshmen to the University as they embark upon an exciting new journey with LUMS.
This year, O-Week included various seminars by faculty and staff to help freshmen understand the life at LUMS. The event also featured a host of exciting activities such as a batch photo, ice-breaking sessions, focus groups, a food street, sports gala, mind-quest and a lot more.
Each year, Orientation Week is designed to give students and their parents a chance to acquaint themselves with the campus and the community by participating in group based activities. These activities not only instil a sense of pride among freshmen but also help them form bonds that last for the rest of their lives.
This year, the week started with a welcome address by Prof. Dr. S. Sohail H. Naqvi, Vice Chancellor. He said, “LUMS is an institution bursting with opportunities for you. At times, these are exciting and at others, these may be daunting and adventurous. We do not believe in providing answers. We believe in enhancing your ability to ask questions and searching for the answers yourself. You are on a journey; a journey within, finding who you are, what you love, where your passions lie and where your talents lie.”
Later on, Dr. Jawad Syed, Dean, Suleman Dawood School of Business, Dr. Kamran Asdar Ali, Dean, Mushtaq Ahmad Gurmani School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Dr. Shahid Masud, Dean, Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering and Dr. Martin Lau, Dean, Shaikh Ahmad Hassan School of Law addressed the students. All of them congratulated the students and encouraged them to make the best of what LUMS has to offer since the four years they are at the University would shape their professional careers. Throughout the week, different seminars and welcome sessions were conducted for the students by LUMS faculty, societies and administrative departments where students were introduced to their departments and programmes.
The week concluded with an Award Night where freshmen gave titles to their peers and enjoyed a scrumptious dinner. The students’ excitement was only exceeded by that of their parents’, whose smiles showed how proud they were of their children. The freshmen left the ceremony with fond memories, bragging rights and a promise for a bright future.
- Coronavirus cases reaches to 1408 in Pakistan01:21 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- US confirms more than 100,000 infections of coronavirus cases11:37 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Govt arranges special flight to airlift stranded Pakistanis from ...10:19 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Chinese doctors’ team to arrive in Pakistan today to check spread ...09:32 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- COVID-19: Pakistan establishes Command & Control Center set up for ...08:40 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019