Tech giant Microsoft launches employability platform in Pakistan
Speaking at the launching ceremony of Rozgar.work in Islamabad, Federal Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal said that it was heartening to see a technology leader like Microsoft, working on Youth Workforce Development, in collaboration with a robust humanitarian organisation like ‘World-Vision International-Pakistan’.
The minister maintained that the smartphone penetration and increased connectivity could transform e-Learning and teaching resources, while opening fresh avenues of knowledge for the masses. “We need to invest on our youth to meet national challenges,” he added.
The Rozgar.work platform provides job-seekers with end-to-end career guidance, up skilling, job-matching and mentorship - all centred on a free online hub that brings the best resources together in a bold attempt to address unemployment and underemployment. The platform is powered by Microsoft Windows Azure Cloud, SQL, & SharePoint 2013.
It is a Microsoft YouthSpark initiative to create a comprehensive ecosystem to support the talented Pakistani youth in enhancing their skill-set and ensure a bright future for the whole nation. In addition, 69,000 job opportunities have been posted on the job search tool against 100,000 job openings goal to be reached by the end of the year.
The Employability Platform nurtures the essential ingredients for Workforce Development, and helps the youth in becoming employed or self-employed. The Rozgar.work platform has adopted a unique approach by offering; ‘Career Counseling & Guidance’ with info and stats about job markets. The ‘Entrepreneurial Resources’ section of the platform helps in enhancement of Business skills, while the ‘Networking Opportunities’ section helps the youth in expanding their Community-based networking capabilities.
Microsoft Pakistan’s Country General Manager Nadeem Malik said that Microsoft believed in sharing our success with the communities, wherever we operate. Rozgar.Work is a robust platform which can enable revolutionary enrichments in the society, by empowering the youth, to find effective solutions for the various challenges faced by the society.
- Rawalpindi woman sentenced to death for ‘blasphemous’ WhatsApp ...11:00 AM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan to face Afghanistan today in ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup ...10:15 AM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:51 AM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Sharmila Faruqui comes face to face with Nadia Khan for mocking her ...10:21 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- UK man who advertised himself on matrimonial billboards gives an ...06:45 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Video of Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain riding an elephant goes viral06:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021