Mobile broadband users in Pakistan to reach 27.86 mln by March
ISLAMABAD (APP) - Mobile broadband users (3G/4G) in the country have reached 27.86 million at end of March 2016, showing a month-over-month growth rate of 6.39 per cent.
All five mobile phone companies added a total of 1.67 million new customers to their 3G/4G networks during month of March, 2016, recently issued statistics by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) said.
Mobilink added most number of 3G users as 563,874 of its customers converted to 3G network. Telenor grabbed 477,017 new
acquisitions for its 3G network while Ufone added 300,998 customers for its 3G services.
Zong was able to convert 250,958 customers for its 3G network while another 54,206 new customers started using its 4G services during the reported month.
Warid managed to add 26,035 new customers for its 4G LTE network till the end of March 2016. Other wired and wireless broadband connections (DSL, WiMAX, EvDO, Fiber etc.) reached 3.13 million to take the total toll of broadband connections in Pakistan to 31 million.
The broadband users by technology include DSL 1,516,938, HFC 44,136, WiMax 207,496, FTTH 22,786, EvDO 1,331,976 and Others 6,592 users.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran chairs CCI meeting in Islamabad02:30 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020