Mobile broadband users in Pakistan to reach 27.86 mln by March
All five mobile phone companies added a total of 1.67 million new customers to their 3G/4G networks during month of March, 2016, recently issued statistics by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) said.
Mobilink added most number of 3G users as 563,874 of its customers converted to 3G network. Telenor grabbed 477,017 new
acquisitions for its 3G network while Ufone added 300,998 customers for its 3G services.
Zong was able to convert 250,958 customers for its 3G network while another 54,206 new customers started using its 4G services during the reported month.
Warid managed to add 26,035 new customers for its 4G LTE network till the end of March 2016. Other wired and wireless broadband connections (DSL, WiMAX, EvDO, Fiber etc.) reached 3.13 million to take the total toll of broadband connections in Pakistan to 31 million.
The broadband users by technology include DSL 1,516,938, HFC 44,136, WiMax 207,496, FTTH 22,786, EvDO 1,331,976 and Others 6,592 users.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- WAPDA opens jobs for locals in Gilgit-Baltistan10:59 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Railways introduces two new trains10:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020