PM Imran salutes Pak Army for giving befitting response to Indian aggression
The Prime Minister prayed for eternal peace of those martyred and early recovery of the injured consequent to the Indian firing, a PM Office statement said.
He also saluted the valor of the Pakistan Army for giving a befitting response to the Indian security forces.
The military’s media wing, earlier today, said that a Pakistan Army soldier and five civilians were martyred as the Indian army resorted to ceasefire violations from across the restive Line of Control (LoC).
The firing also left two soldiers and three civilians injured, adding that nine Indian soldiers were killed while two Indian bunkers were destroyed in retaliatory fire.
DG ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor in another tweet said that typical Indian media was falsely claiming to target alleged camps. He also dared the Indian media to show the damages caused by Pakistan Army.
"Typical of Indian media falsely claiming targeting of alleged camps. Get access to IOJ&K & have moral courage to cover damages caused by Pak Army," read the tweet.
"All your previous claims met their fate so shall this one. Follow journalistic ethos of Pak Media for reporting with responsibility," it added.
Tensions between the nuclear countries have increased and there has been intermittent cross-border firing by Indian forces since 5 August, when Delhi put a lockdown on the occupied Kashmir after revoking its autonomous status.
- Dilip Kumar gets emotional over Pakistan's decision of restoring his ...05:58 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan lodges protest with India for latest ceasefire violation ...05:57 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- NAB arrests son of PPP's late Amin Fahim for corruption05:54 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- OPPO set to launch OPPO F17 Pro on October 1205:43 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Imran Khan’s ‘selectors’ will have to give answer, says Nawaz ...05:38 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Shaam Idrees introduces his eldest daughter Dua Idrees04:37 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Happy Birthday Naaday Ali, keep making mama proud: Hadiqa Kiani04:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Haseena Moin to write a special web-series on breast cancer awareness ...03:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020