PM Imran salutes Pak Army for giving befitting response to Indian aggression
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan Sunday strongly condemned the unprovoked firing by the Indian occupation forces targeting the civilian population along the Line of Control.
The Prime Minister prayed for eternal peace of those martyred and early recovery of the injured consequent to the Indian firing, a PM Office statement said.
He also saluted the valor of the Pakistan Army for giving a befitting response to the Indian security forces.
The military’s media wing, earlier today, said that a Pakistan Army soldier and five civilians were martyred as the Indian army resorted to ceasefire violations from across the restive Line of Control (LoC).
The firing also left two soldiers and three civilians injured, adding that nine Indian soldiers were killed while two Indian bunkers were destroyed in retaliatory fire.
Indian unprovoked CFVs in Jura, shahkot & Nousehri Sectors deliberately targeting civilians. Effectively responded. 9 Indian soldiers killed several injured. 2 Indian bunkers destroyed.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) October 20, 2019
During exchange of fire 1 soldier & 3 civilians shaheed, 2 soldiers & 5 civilians injured.
DG ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor in another tweet said that typical Indian media was falsely claiming to target alleged camps. He also dared the Indian media to show the damages caused by Pakistan Army.
"Typical of Indian media falsely claiming targeting of alleged camps. Get access to IOJ&K & have moral courage to cover damages caused by Pak Army," read the tweet.
"All your previous claims met their fate so shall this one. Follow journalistic ethos of Pak Media for reporting with responsibility," it added.
Typical of Indian media falsely claiming targeting of alleged camps. Get access to IOJ&K & have moral courage to cover damages caused by Pak Army. All your previous claims met their fate so shall this one. Follow journalistic ethos of Pak Media for reporting with responsibility.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) October 20, 2019
Indian Army struggling to pick dead bodies and evacuate injured soldiers. Indian Army raising white flag. This they should think before initiating unprovoked CFVs and respect military norms by avoiding to target innocent civilians.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) October 20, 2019
Tensions between the nuclear countries have increased and there has been intermittent cross-border firing by Indian forces since 5 August, when Delhi put a lockdown on the occupied Kashmir after revoking its autonomous status.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019