Gaaye Gi Duniya Geet Meray... Noor Jehan remembered on 17th death anniversary
Noor Jehan was born on September 21, 1926 in Kasur. Her real name was Allah Wasai.
Since she was five years old, Allah Wasai started her training in classical singing with Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan, followed by Punjabi musician Ghulam Ahmed Chishti.
She started her career as a singer, actress and director (the first female director) with film 'Chann Wey' in 1951. Her last film was 'Ghalib' (1961).
Malika-e-Tarrannum Noor Jehan sang many song in her queenly voice including the ever famous 'Chandni Raatein'. She received Tamgha-e-Imtiaz (The Pride of Performance) in 1966 for her contribution to the entertainment industry.
Her other famous songs/ ghazals include the likes of "Mujh So Pehli Si Muhabbat', 'Kyun Log Muhabbat', 'Dil Da Jani', 'Meri Zindagi Hai Naghma', "Tu Jo Mere Hamesha Kol', 'Mundeya Dupatta Chad Mera' and many more.
- PPP leader Wajid Shamsul Hasan passes away01:42 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- and they lived, HAPPILY EVER AFTER!01:11 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan urges world to unfreeze Afghanistan’s assets01:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- NCOC decides to start vaccinating children aged 12 years and above12:42 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra sparks memes after her Paris video goes viral06:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021