Pakistan believes in peace and co-existence, affirms PM Abbasi
Addressing as the chief guest at the Pakistan Navy’s 108th Midshipmen and 17th Short Service Commissioning Course Commissioning Parade here, the prime minister said Pakistan was committed to promoting friendly ties with its neighbouring countries.
The prime minister said that Pakistan Navy was playing an effective role in the country’s security and in the wake of China Pakistan Economic Corridor, its role has increased.
He congratulated the passed out cadets and their proud parents saying that the confidence of the cadets was the symbols of a strong country.
In total, 129 officers passed out including 57 Pakistani, 46 foreigners and 26 from Short Service Commissioning course.
The prime minister said the cadets were responsible to safeguard country’s ideology and maritime boundaries.
He said the role of Pakistan Navy in Combined Naval Forces had been recognized across the world.
Prime Minister Abbasi gave assurances that the government would continue extending all-out resources to Pakistan Navy to cope with its needs.
He said it was also proud to note that Pakistan Navy had been training even the naval cadets from different countries.
The officers from friendly countries including Bahrain, Jordan, Qatar, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia were among those passed out in the ceremony.
Earlier, on his arrival at the Pakistan Naval Academy Minora, the prime minister was received by the Naval Chief.
Abbasi also inspected the guard of honour and said the operations like Zarb-e-Azb and Raddul Fasaad were not merely the military operations, rather those were the manifestation of the nation’s resolve against terrorism.
"Pakistan was committed to foil the designs aimed at disrupting peace in the region," he declared.
The ceremony was also attended by Minister for Defense Engineer Khurram Dastgir, Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah, Governor Muhammad Zubair and Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi.
- The Redefined XOS10 Starts the New Journey on Intelligence and Visual ...12:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Govt to name road, building after father of Pakistan’s nuclear ...11:27 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan draws up contingency plan as TLP resumes march on Islamabad10:48 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan Army’s focus stays on enhancing standard functionality ...10:27 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Young army officer’s murder remains shrouded in mystery09:48 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021