Nawaz Sharif to be sent abroad for treatment: sources
LAHORE – The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) government has decided to allow ailing former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to travel abroad for treatment, sources told Daily Pakistan on Wednesday.
A high-level meeting was called today to discuss the deteriorating health of Sharif, who was shifted to Lahore's Services Hospital from a detention facility of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Monday night.
Nawaz Sharif is suffering from platelets disorder as his body is not producing them. The disease could lead to bleeding from any part of the body.
The transfusion of three mega units of platelets had been conducted within hours after his admission to control the situation.
Sources said the officials, in the meeting, decided to allow the former premier to leave the country for his medical treatment.
The supreme leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz is likely to be shifted to London through a special flight by Thursday, the sources added.
Meanwhile, Pakistani TV anchor Kamran Khan, in a tweet, said that he was confirmed by two key persons in the government that the health condition of the former premier is not stable.
"If the disease is not diagnosed and his body does not start producing the platelets in next 24 hours, he will be allowed to go abroad for the treatment," he added.
Prime Minister Imran has been intimated that the government should take the matter seriously, he wrote.
Earlier this month, Nawaz Sharif was remanded into the custody of the anti-graft body for 14 days after he was arrested in another money laundering case.
A NAB team had taken Sharif into its custody from Kot Lakhpat jail Lahore where he is serving a seven-year imprisonment in the Al Azizia Mills corruption case and presented him before the judge of an accountability court for his physical remand.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020