No NRO, no resignation: PM Imran to opposition
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday resolved not to succumb to the pressure ramping up by the opposition parties to make him resign from the office.
In a meeting with senior journalists, the prime minister vowed that he will not resign from the office as there is no valid reason behind the demand made by the Jamat-e-Ulema-Islam Fazal and other parties.
Rejecting the possibilities of making any compromise with the opposition, he said that the upcoming protest march by the opposition has some agenda, adding that it has foreign support. He also claimed that all was being planned to get NRO from the government.
Claiming a conspiracy behind Maulana Fazal ur Rahman's protest, the prime minister said that the JUI-F leader's announcement of the protest has sent a wave of joy in India.
He said that inflation and unemployment are one of the big issues and the government is taking steps to tackle them.
He recalled that the Pakistan Tahreek-i-Insaf had staged a sit-in for a purpose, adding that he had proofs of election rigging in four constituencies at that time.
Asked about media restrictions on Rehman, the premier said there was no ban on broadcasting JUI-F chief's appearances.
Talking about the tension between Pakistan and India, the prime minister feared that the neighbouring country could design another Pulwama-like attack to divert world attention from Kashmir.
He said that the Pakistan Army has been asked to give a befitting response to any Indian aggression.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020