VIDEO: Kamran Akmal becomes first Pakistani to score 150 in T20
Akmal just took 71 balls to register the highest ever T20 score by a Pakistan batsman. He hammered 14 boundaries and a dozen sixes during the entertaining knock.
Earlier, the record was held by Mukhtar Ahmed who scored 123 against Karachi Whites in 2015.
The 35-year-old also became the third batsman in T20 history after Virender Sehwag and Hamilton Masakadza to score five 50-plus scores in consecutive innings.
The out-of-favour batsman on Tuesday also became the first ever Pakistan cricketer to score four consecutive 50s in T20 innings.
Kamran last played for Pakistan during the tour to West Indies earlier this year, after making a comeback to the side, however, he couldn’t impress the selectors with his comeback and was not retained for the Champions Trophy.
He has played 53 Tests, 157 ODIs and 58 T20Is for Pakistan since making his international debut in 2002.
Lahore Whites beat Islamabad by 109 runs
Lahore Whites on Friday defeated Islamabad by 109 runs. Bating first Lahore Whites scored 209 runs without any loss in the allotted twenty overs.
In reply, Islamabad were all out for one hundred in 18.4 overs.
Kamran Akmal declared player of the match.
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- KP judge suspended as Lower Dir woman comes up with rape, bribery ...10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021