Nawaz Sharif's health worsens again amid low platelet count
LAHORE - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif’s health once again deteriorated on Thursday after his platelet count dropped to a low level.
The latest update about the condition of the former premiers has been shared by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz Deputy Secretary General Ataullah Tarar in a video statement.
He revealed that Nawaz’s platelet count has fallen to 6,000 again. He said that Shehbaz Sharif and other family members requested the nation to pray for the speedy recovery of the PML-N's supremo.
Another party leader Ahsan Iqbal also confirmed it, claiming that negligence was being shown in the treatment of the former premier. He said that the medical reports of Nawaz were not being shared with his personal doctor, local media reported.
In the latest medical reports, Nawaz has been diagnosed with acute immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), a bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets.
Doctors said that Nawaz Sharif has been put on IVIG, or Intravenous immunoglobulin is a treatment uses to boost someone's immune system.
Nawaz was shifted to Lahore’s Services Hospital from a detention facility of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Monday night after his health deteriorated.
Earlier this month, Nawaz Sharif was remanded into the custody of the anti-graft body for 14 days after he was arrested in another money laundering case.
A NAB team had taken Sharif into its custody from Kot Lakhpat jail Lahore where he is serving a seven-year imprisonment in the Al Azizia Mills corruption case and presented him before the judge of an accountability court for his physical remand.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019