'Bring it on' Popstar Hadiqa Kiani files defamation suit against British website over fake drug bust news
LAHORE - Renowned Pop-star Hadiqa Kiani has filed a defamation suit against British website Metro-UK.com for baseless news regarding drug bust.
According to reports, on February 14 the British news website quoted local authorities saying that Hadiqa Kiani was arrested for trying to smuggle 2 kilograms of cocaine hidden in two bags of coffee inside two suitcases.
“Customs and Border Protection police officers searched her suitcases upon suspicion and found a plastic coffee bag containing white powder,” the report said.
The news story was picked up by a leading daily (Dailytimes) as well. However the 'Boohay Barian' singer strongly denied media reports that she was arrested at Heathrow Airport in London.
Photo taken TODAY in Lahore with my mother and son! Cannot believe how this FAKE London news has been spread 😱 pic.twitter.com/0fgudMePTI— Hadiqa Kiani (@Hadiqa_Kiani) February 14, 2017
Hadiqa took to Twitter and uploaded a photo of herself adding 'I have been in Lahore, today is my nephew’s birthday. SHOCKED'.
Hadiqa has now filed a suit against the website for the fake news.
- Conflict between PPP and Cynthia Ritchie intensifies after denial of ...08:22 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PML-N’s Khawaja Salman Rafique contracts coronavirus08:11 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020