'Bring it on' Popstar Hadiqa Kiani files defamation suit against British website over fake drug bust news
According to reports, on February 14 the British news website quoted local authorities saying that Hadiqa Kiani was arrested for trying to smuggle 2 kilograms of cocaine hidden in two bags of coffee inside two suitcases.
“Customs and Border Protection police officers searched her suitcases upon suspicion and found a plastic coffee bag containing white powder,” the report said.
The news story was picked up by a leading daily (Dailytimes) as well. However the 'Boohay Barian' singer strongly denied media reports that she was arrested at Heathrow Airport in London.
Photo taken TODAY in Lahore with my mother and son! Cannot believe how this FAKE London news has been spread 😱 pic.twitter.com/0fgudMePTI— Hadiqa Kiani (@Hadiqa_Kiani) February 14, 2017
Hadiqa took to Twitter and uploaded a photo of herself adding 'I have been in Lahore, today is my nephew’s birthday. SHOCKED'.
Hadiqa has now filed a suit against the website for the fake news.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021