LEAD Pakistan announces fellowships to protect environment, urban development
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) - Leadership for Environment and Development (LEAD) Pakistan under its flagship Leadership Development Programme (LDP) has invited applications for fellowships from junior to mid-level professionals belonging to different sectors in Pakistan.
According to institute's press release, since 50 per cent of mankind is now urbanised, the battle for economic growth, climate change, poverty alleviation and health of communities will be lost and won in cities in the 21st century.
Given its vital importance, the 19th cohort of LDP has been themed around urbanisation and titled as ‘Urban Resilience and Sustainable Cities’.
The 19th cohort will have sessions on Sustainable Urban Planning, Urban Resilience, Low Carbon Development and Role of Cities to Achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The application deadline is February 2, 2016, and the selected candidates will be informed by February 21, 2016. Key points in the eligibility criteria include education of 16 years or above, along with minimum experience of three years and interest in LDP topical areas. Application details can be submitted online at www.lead.org.pk. LEAD Pakistan will cover all travelling and accommodation costs for learning sessions.
Ali Tauqeer Sheikh, CEO, LEAD Pakistan, ‘In terms of quality and impact, the initiatives taken by LDP are world-class, reflecting the organization’s long standing and close affiliation with LEAD International.
This programme is LEAD’s most popular and vibrant capacity building programme which has completed 18 cohorts (batches) to-date where the participants have acquired the skills and knowledge to make them cross-sectoral leaders in their own communities and on the world stage.
- Pakistan allows second consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav05:18 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program budget increased to Rs203 billion04:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- China test fires new ‘world-leading’ helicopter missile02:58 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir’s mehndi moments will melt your heart12:27 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020